In the midst of my severe blogging slump caused by an insane schedule and a debilitating case of writer’s block, my dear friend Tonya decided to bequeath upon me a blogging award! For honesty, no less! (It’s easy to be honest when you’re silent.) I’m humbled and honored and undeserving… but so grateful. Thanks Tonya – my long-time blogging buddy and new in-person buddy!
So rules go along with this award:
Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog. (Check.)
Share 10 honest things about yourself. Oh boy… really? Don’t you already know everything you want to know about me? So… ten new things? Wow, Tonya – you’re so demanding! Hmmmmm… I’ll try.
- I can hardly wait to have grandkids. Babies and toddlers are so blatantly vacant from my life these days and I miss them.
- I’m scared about the hardware removal surgery coming up on December 8th. (Had a pre-op appointment today.) I’m not scared about the surgery itself – in fact, I can hardly wait to have this hardware store removed from my body; I’m scared about the anesthesia and how absolutely horrible it is to wake up from that stuff. This surgery should last about two hours, though, whereas the original fixing-the-broken-ankle surgery took EIGHT hours, so things should be easier this time.
- I miss working in kids’ media. That’s where my heart is and I am really good at it. It’s harder for me to throw myself wholeheartedly into highly technical business applications. The project management part of it is easy, but the “lovin’ it” part… not so much.
- I’ve realized, in reading The God Delusion that I’m probably not agnostic.
- The thought of getting my elementary teaching credential (I have a masters in education, but no credential) and teaching first grade at our neighborhood school is really exciting.
- I adore the woman my dad is about to marry (next week!).
- Weight Watchers is hard! Hell, not eating is just nowhere near as much fun as eating. But even if it takes me a year, I MUST succeed this time. I’m too old to carry extra weight around anymore.
- Empty nest doesn’t feel all that empty – thank goodness! There always seems to be at least one kid around… except tonight. Elisabeth’s visiting a friend in San Francisco, Kat’s visiting a friend in Chicago, Peter’s in Pullman, and Aleks is in Seattle. Love that they’re independent, yet love that they still like to come home.
- I should start my own business. I should just finally do it.
- I’m guilty of not keeping up with my favorite blogs. Hell, I’ve hardly kept up with my own! I wish I weren’t so busy and could focus on blogging and writing like I used to! Something has got to give!
Present this award to others whose blogs you find brilliant in design or content.
OK, so… I bequeath this award upon some of my favorite bloggers: